Infant Care at Crowned Hart Preschools - Your Baby's Home Away From Home
Our infant care program includes a safe and secure "home away from home" where your baby can learn, play and grow. We are committed to making this first transition away from home easy and natural for you and your infant. We work closely with you to get to know your child's unique personality, their likes and dislikes, and their moods so we can respond accordingly. This will help us monitor behavior and alert you to any changes.
Infants begin learning at Crowned Hart Preschools as young as six weeks of age. They are nurtured in a warm and safe environment: soothing music, soft bedding and play areas, and loving hands to meet every need. They are fed, and cleaned, and cuddled to their hearts delight.
Learning, Infant Style
Infant care includes learning. Teachers read plenty of books, play music and sing songs. We have designed a comfortable, nurturing and creative world for your child. Infants are unique and have their own patterns for play, feeding and sleeping. We use these patterns as our guide to introduce daily activities that will prepare your infant for life. We encourage your child's physical and emotional development in the following ways:
- Movement - By encouraging rolling, scooting, crawling and walking with the use of a variety of tools supplied in the classroom.
- Balance - Supportive sitting, swings, infant seats, chairs and most importantly one on one support.
- Adequate rest - Allowing sleep as needed and directed by the parents.
- Security - Responding to expressed needs.
- Love and Care - Touching, holding, changing, playing and holding during feeding. Cuddle Notes are sent home to keep you actively involved in your child's day. They begin learning about sharing, and taking turns. By the time they are one-years-old, they are ready to join the ranks of the exciting world of the toddler room.